Potato and Pumpkin Cheese Bake
Cooking time: 1h20 minutes
- 500g small potatoes, halved
- 750g pumpkin, chopped
- 125ml apple cider
- 280ml salt reduced vegetable stock
- 1 small sprig of rosemary
- 1large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 beefsteak tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 sprigs of oregano, stalks discarded
- 170g grated parmesan cheese
- 60g fresh white breadcrumbs
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Place potato with water to cover in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil. Cook for 15min or until just tender. Drain
- Place pumpkin, cider, stock and rosemare in a large pan. Bring to the boil. Partially cover the pan, simmer for 15min. Add onion, and continue to cook for 10 min. Discard the rosemary, add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Slice the potatoes and arrange half of them over the bottom of a large ovenproof baking dish. Lay half the tomato slices over the potato, scatter half the oregano leaves on top. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with half the parmesan.
- Spoon the cooked pumpkin on top, adding all the cooking liquid. Top with remaining potato, tomato slices and oregano. Combine the remaining parmesan with the breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the vegetables.
- Bake for 35-40min or until the topping is crisp and golden brown. Serve hot.